Ask YOUR local school board and county commission to reject Hillsdale College President and Gov. Bill Lee
Gov. Bill Lee is sending our public school tax dollars to fund Michigan-based Hillsdale College launching their private schools across Tennessee, while its President, and friend of Bill Lee, Larry Arnn insults Tennessee teachers:
"The [Tennessee] teachers are trained in the dumbest parts of the dumbest colleges in the country.”
"you don't have to be an expert to educate a child because basically anybody can do it."
Gov. Bill Lee has remained silent.
School boards across Tennessee are deciding how to respond. Call on yours to defend teachers from Gov. Lee and Larry Arnn's attacks.
Dear Local School Board and County Commission officials:
Every child should have a quality education, regardless of where they live in Tennessee, their race, background or how much money their family has.
To be this kind of community, we need leaders who will focus on equipping every public school teacher with whatever resources they need to provide every child that quality education -- not take resources away while insulting and demeaning our teachers.
Some politicians, like Gov. Bill Lee and his friend Hillsdale College President Larry Arnn, would rather turn us against schools and teachers to keep us from coming together to demand the resources our schools need to ensure every child a quality education.
Larry Arnn said, "you don't have to be an expert to educate a child because basically and then said our teachers are "trained in the dumbest parts of the dumbest colleges in the country.”
Gov. Lee refused to defend our teachers. Will you?
I'm writing to ask our school board do as the Wilson County School Board did: unanimously defend our public school teachers and rebuke Gov. Lee and Hillsdale College President Larry Arnn for insulting our teachers.
Can I count on you to defend our teachers from Gov. Lee and Larry Arnn's attacks, and stand up for every child's right to a free education and the freedom to learn?
- your name
be sure to customize your message to make it more powerful!
Who is speaking up to defend teachers:
- REVEALED: 'Shame on you!' Video mocking teachers continues to draw condemnation across Tennessee
- Rutherford County school board rejects Hillsdale charter school pushed by Tennessee governor
- Sullivan County: WJHL News 11: ‘Shame on you’: Sullivan County BOE members blast Gov. Lee over advisor’s comments
- Wilson County School Board unites in teachers' defense
- Cocke County the Newport Plain Talk: County School Board passes resolution rebuking Arnn’s comments, supporting teachers
- Collierville rebukes 'dumbest colleges' remarks by supporting teachers, saying no to charters
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Hamilton County school board to take up resolution condemning Hillsdale College President Arnn's critical comments of teachers
- 'We do not wish to participate in media frenzies': Tennessee charter school cuts ties with Hillsdale
- Analysis: As Lee fails to rebut Hillsdale comments, cracks widen in lawmakers' relationship
- Education chair says Hillsdale College's charter plans for Tennessee 'shattered' by insulting teachers
- REVEALED: Charter school program favored by Tennessee governor rewrites civil rights history Curriculum claims MLK did not favor 'force of law'