Data & Performance Management Fellowship (Paid)
ForwardTN seeks a full time, paid, Data & Performance Management Fellow to help lead our effort to support a coalition of nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organizations is using data to strengthen performance in progressive advocacy. We are looking for a fellow we can invest in. Opportunities for increased responsibility and experience will grow based on the fellow's abilities, interest and performance.
This position will have a chance to interact with executives in multiple progressive organizations as they lead the effort to build out the implementation plans for several tech resources provided to partners and volunteers. The Data & Performance Management Fellow will receive training from national and state professionals to prepare them to support other organizations and leaders in their work.
The role of the Data & Performance Management Fellow is to support our coalition efforts to make technology an accessible and powerful tool for organizers and volunteers.
Forward Tennessee promotes public policies which make Tennessee a fairer, healthier, more equitable state by advocating solutions to critical community challenges. ForwardTN is a non-profit project dedicated to elevating voices of forward-thinking Tennesseans who want a balanced approach to government, where policy affecting the wellbeing of people’s lives is shaped by evidence and results, instead of extreme partisan ideology.
ForwardTN’s goal is to educate Tennesseans about the negative effects and extreme policies certain elected leaders and organizations have on their quality of life through organizing, social media and action. ForwardTN provides issue and opinion research, shared message development, technical assistance and shared technology and resources to partner progressive advocacy groups.
Important: if you do not have experience with the specific tools below, but do have experience learning new software and technology quickly, are well organized and have ability to train others - please apply. The fellow selected will receive significant training to develop their ability to support the rest of the coalition.
The Data & Performance Management Fellow, who may be based anywhere in Tennessee reports to the Executive Director, and is responsible for the following:
- Learn from our vendors the the various tools in order to train staff and partners.
- Develop with the Executive Team performance management dashboards based on our data tools to help guide the work of ForwardTN and partners.
- Develop with the Executive Team training to provide on various tools.
- Conduct webinars with remote staff, volunteers and partners to train on various tools.
- Manage/Administer tools for ForwardTN and our partners.
- Service support requests for staff and members (we’ll train you how!)
- Work with member organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support field staff and voter contact programs. This includes analyzing voter files and generating reports, as well as assisting members in employing best practices for targeting. Work with consultants and other staff responsible for the acquisition, enhancement, effective use and management of voter files.
- Manage voter file access for member organizations and their consultants. This includes administering user and security settings; training endusers and providing available technical assistance; and running queries.
- Provide training on a voter file platform (VAN) as well as timely technical assistance.
- Support coalition coordination by tracking organizational programs and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Administer, support, and train users on voter file systems (Catalist and VAN) and other online organizing tools.
Qualifications: If you have some, but not all the qualifications, consider applying anyway.
- Experience with NGPVAN preferred OR evidence of experience learning new technology quickly.
- Capable of providing examples of the ability to teach others on something new.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle several projects at one time.
- Political campaign experience preferred.
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues.
ForwardTN is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.